Determining Build & Characteristic Details
From innovative NDT in the form of GPR to determine form of construction through to conventional intrusive investigations to acquire definitive evidence of construction make up.
The following lists give an example of the Assessment, Sampling and Testing work carried out by HTA, these lists are not exhaustive however give an idea of the range of investigations carried out. If what you require is not on the list, contact us and we will accommodate your needs.
- Visual Survey - determination of condition
- NDT via GPR - to determine form of construction
- Intrusive investigations - to determine construction details & confirm NDT
- Coring Investigations - determining thickness and make-up
- Load Testing - to determine strength of entire element
- Masonry / Brick unit
- - removal of entire unit for lab analysis
- - removal of core sample for lab analysis
*SURFACE SAMPLING ERRORS
Care must be taken when extracting mortar samples as "surface sampling" can lead to incorrect determination of mortar type & strength.
- Compressive Strength Determination - testing of entire unit or core
- Mortar Analysis - to determine strength of mortar (Mix Proportion Analysis via wet chemistry methods) & type
- Chemical Analysis - lab testing of masonry unit to determine presence of ingressing materials
Take advantage of our Open Door Policy
Even if you do not end up using HTA we are happy to advise on the best course of action for the outcome you wish to achieve.
It is impossible for one company to carry out every project, however we can share our expertise far and wide.